Statutes of the Antique Glass Committee of the Executive Board of the Slovak Archaeological Society (pursuant to Article 13 of the SAS Constitution)
- The Antique Glass Committee (the AGC) is governed by the Constitution of the Slovak Archaeological Society, an affiliate of the Slovak Academy of Sciences.
- The Committee is composed of the Slovak Archaeological Society members voluntarily participating in this body due to their interest in interdisciplinary support of the research of antique glassware in Slovakia.
- The Committee is headed by its Chairperson. A candidate for the position is selected by the Committee members and approved by the SAS Board. A change in the office is notified to the SAS Board by the Chairperson or by the Committee members.
Aims of the Committee
- To provide assistance in interdisciplinary research and public education in the area of antique glassware in Slovakia, with emphasis on archaeology and associated specialisations, and to support the SAS members or enthusiasts in their professional work and scientific research in the area of glassware crafts.
Forms of activities
- The Committee organises scientific events (expert discussions, seminars, lectures), conducts publication activities and cooperates with various domestic or international institutions and associations to support the research and public education in the area of antique glass industry in Slovakia.
Dissolution of the Antique Glass Committee
- The Committee can be dissolved upon decision of its members and approval of the SAS Executive Board.
The Committee founding members and its first Chairperson
The founding members of the Committee are PhDr. Danica Staššíková-Štukovská, PhDr. Klára Marková, CSc., PhDr. Gertrúda Březinová, PhD., and PhDr. Mário Bielich. The first Chair of the Committee, approved by the SAS Board, is PhDr. Danica Staššíková-Štukovská. Any changes in the Committee posts shall be announced in the form of an amendment to these Statutes.
Nitra, 1 September 2000
SAS Executive Board
Amendment 3 to Clause 7 of the Statutes of the Antique Glass Committee of the Slovak Archaeological Society (under Article 13 of the Constitution of the Slovak Archaeological Society)
The current members of the Committee are Ing. Martin Múdry and PhDr. Klára Fűryová. PhDr. Danica Staššíková-Štukovská remains the Chair of the Committee.
Nitra, 1 January 2016